Always Pan Review: Can the cult-favorite Always Pan from Our Place win over someone who hates to cook? The Always Pan claims that it can replace 8 traditional pieces of cookware. Even if that’s true, can it win over someone who doesn’t like to cook? Read our Always Pan review to find out.
Always Pan Review: What we were looking for
Simply-put: we like things simple. We wanted 1 pan that we could use for a variety of different uses that would last a long time. Did the Always Pan stand up? Read our Always Pan Review to find out!
Always Pan Review: The Back Story
Two years ago, I got a ceramic pan for Christmas and loved it so much I decided to donate all of my other pots and pans. I had a really nice set of stainless steel pans. Is it just me, or are they really fancy stainless steel pans tough to use?
The problem was while the new ceramic pan I loved was perfect, it didn’t last very long. This started a cycle of buying a new ceramic pan every few months when the previous ceramic worn out, which ended up being really annoying. That pan was inexpensive, but the point was to simplify things. Just having one pan that you have to constantly replace is not simple at all.
After a while, I ended up breaking down and buying a new set of ceramic pans because just having one that got all the use didn’t seem sustainable. Here I was trying to simplify and I ended up pretty much exactly where I started.
Then I saw The Always Pan by Our Place and I knew someone else had solved the exact problem I had. Don’t you love that? It’s like you threw the problem into the universe and someone somewhere solved it for you! Needless to say, I had to try the Always Pan.
The Always Pan by Our Place is designed to replace 8 traditional pieces of cookware. This includes your fry pan, saute pan, steamer, skillet, saucier, saucepan, non-stick pan, spatula, and spoon rest. It’s supposed to simplify your life, minimize your kitchen clutter, and look good at the same time.
Always Pan Review: What we love about The Always Pan
- The quality! As I mentioned, my quest to minimize my pan collection was unsuccessful because the pan was cheap and wore out quickly. The Always Pan by Our Place is very high quality. It feels substantial and likes it is made from high-quality material.
- The concept. Like I was saying, simplifying is always one of my goals. Why have 10 pans when you can have 1? It is easier to store and locate! Less kitchen clutter is essential to me because I don’t leave anything on the counters.
- The look. I got the charcoal pan and I love how streamlined and chic it looks!
Always Pan Review: What we don’t love
- At first, the cost seems a little much but then think about all the things you can replace with this one Always Pan. Then, it changes your perspective. It seems like a deal.
- You could get an entire low-grade pan set for the same price, have clutter in your kitchen, and have to replace it due to low quality, or you could have this one pan. When you look at it like that, the cost seems reasonable.
- Hand washing. The Always Pan by Our Place is made to be hand washed. At first, this seemed like a deal breaker to me because I don’t hand wash anything. We run our dishwasher every day because all four of us eat three meals a day at home. However, I have found that washing this pan is super quick and it allows me to have more room in the dishwasher for all the plates, so it actually doesn’t bother me.
Always Pan Review: Who is this product for?
Always Pan: What’s included
The Always Pan by Our Place can braise, sear, steam, strain, saute, fry, boil, serve, and store. It replaces your fry pan, saute pan, steamer, skillet, saucier, saucepan, non-stick pan, spatula, and spoon rest. It is a ceramic coated pan that has a stainless steel steamer basket, wooden spoon, and lid.
When I list it all out, it seems like it may be a gimmick or belongs in Sharper Image. But I promise you, it’s not. It all works together really well.
Always Pan: Overview of features
In just the past week, I have used the Always Pan by Our Place to boil pasta, brown meat, cook rice, steam vegetables… you name it! We have always been “one pot” dinner people.
I try to make quick easy healthy meals using as few pots and pans as possible. Since all of us eat almost every meal at home, efficiency is super important to me so I don’t spend my life in the kitchen! The Always Pan is perfect for efficient home cooks!
Always Pan Alternatives
As I mentioned above, the alternative to the Always Pan is to buy a cheap pan set. This is not a bad alternative, but personally, I would rather have fewer, higher quality items.
The Always Pan Review: The Final Verdict
As I said in the beginning, I feel like I threw this problem into the universe and Our Place solved it for me! It really was a little surreal coming across this product. It was exactly what I was looking for and more (I would not have thought of the spoon rest and steamer basket)!
If you are looking for a kitchen refresh or to simplify your kitchen clutter, I can’t encourage you enough to consider the Always Pan! It is such a high-quality item that really meets so many of your cooking needs!