Here is our honest Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker BB-PDC20BA Review – what a mouthful! Instead of calling this but the full name, we’ll call it the Zojirushi Breadmaker or the Virtuoso Breadmaker from here on out – check out our Zojirushi breadmaker review!
It may sound crazy, but this breadmaker is flying off the shelves (no doubt because of our review!). If you are at all curious about this breadmaker, click here to find availability:
Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker Review
Hi, Mrs. We Tried It over here. Remember me, the one who said Hello Fresh was taxing? Well, what am I doing talking about making your own bread? Our son is one of the pickiest eaters ever. Ironic, really, because our daughter will eat anything. But that’s a whole different story.
However one of the things our son will eat is different kinds of bread. I have been on a mission to really clean up all of our diets and not feed my kids things with ingredients that I do not recognize (or can’t pronounce), so enter making our own bread.
The breadmaking journey started when I borrowed my mom’s breadmaker for a while and found it surprisingly easy to make my own bread. My son ate it, and I felt good about the ingredients and the freshness!
Mr. We Tried It was apparently also on board with this quest because one day I came into the kitchen and on the table was a huge wrapped present. Inside was the Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker. He purchased the 2-pound loaf of bread variety in stainless steel and black.
This thing looked COMPLICATED and I was immediately intimidated by it. My mom’s breadmaker is about 30 years old and has only a couple of settings, but it turns out the Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker is super easy to use!
What we loved about the Zojirushi Breadmaker Review:
- It can do everything. If you are a serious baker, you will enjoy the versatility of this machine.
- It can do the basics very well! I am not a serious baker, but making basic bread for my toddlers takes less than 5 minutes of active time and it turns out PERFECT every time. It makes me FEEL like I am a baker haha!
- The recipe book is awesome! Our favorite recipe is the Honey White Bread and it seriously looks like a magazine bread photo shoot when it comes out of the machine. Bonus, it tastes even better! Extra bonus, it makes our house smell soooooo good!
- The reason this breadmaker stood out so much from the rest is that it makes a traditionally shaped loaf. It has two paddles instead of one, so that allows it to make a loaf of bread more like the ones you find in the store. For the picky toddler (or the picky adult) this spreads out the crust in a more traditional way which is helpful when making sandwiches.
What we don’t love about the Zojirushi Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
- The price! This machine is an investment. At anywhere between $320-$375, this is not a cheap kitchen appliance. The reason we were willing to invest a little bit more in this appliance is because hopefully it will last a lifetime like my mother’s has. When you buy a KitchenAid Mixer, it is an investment. You plan on using it for a lifetime and want it to be of high quality for that purpose. We are hoping this will last our lifetime and provide our kids with high quality, nutritional bread that they love for years and years to come!
Who is the Zojirushi Virtuoso Breadmaker for?
I think at first glance you may think this breadmaker is only for the serious baker. After all, it has so many different courses, options and recipes!
However, being a very very very novice baker, I think having this quality machine makes it easier to be successful. Just use their recipes and put the ingredients in the machine, in the order they suggest, has yielded amazing results! What is especially amazing about this to me is that we live in a high altitude area where recipes typically need tweaking to come out. I have done zero tweaking and the recipes have come out perfect! It takes less than 5 minutes to put the ingredients in the machine, start the machine and wait for your perfect bread to bake!
Zojirushi Breadmaker Recipies
As I said, don’t be intimidated by all the settings. The Zojirushi Breadmaker comes with an easy to follow recipe book.
Inside the Zojirushi Breadmaker recipe book, it has very easy to follow instructions. Here’s the first page, for example:
The Zojirushi Recipe Book may look hard to read, but these are literally to ONLY steps to make a loaf of White Bread. Literally, these are the only instructions:
Almost every recipe is this simple: add the ingredients in order, select the right COURSE button (it says on the recipe card) and that’s it. Literally. There are no extra steps. If you want to put it on a timer, you can do that – but those are the only two steps needed to make AWESOME bread in your home.
Alternatives to the Zojirushi Breadmaker
There are many breadmakers on the market. Your mom may even have one sitting around that she will let you borrow – ha! However, if you want to invest in a kitchen appliance that you will continue to use for your lifetime, the Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker is a great one.
Zojirushi Virtuoso Breadmaker Review: The Final Verdict
I promise this is not as intimidating as the name sounds! If I can use it and love it, I promise you can as well!
I have been so impressed with this machine and the easy success I have had with the simple recipes in the included cookbook. If you are a serious baker, I think you will have fun playing with all of the different options. I know personally I enjoy making food that I feel good about for my kids. I have good memories of my mom making bread growing up- the smell, the taste, the freshness and the tradition. I hope my kids have similar memories and I love that the Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker is the kitchen appliance to help me make those special memories!
Once again, the Zojiruighshi BB-PDC20BA is in high demand. Here’s where we’ve found the best price and availability: