Lululemon ABC Pant Review: Are Lululemon’s ABC Pants God’s gift to mankind? Read our comprehensive, unbiased review on the pants that promise to be the most comfortable you own.
Ready to buy lululemon ABC pants now?
Get free shipping and even free hemming on your Lululemon ABC Pants.
ABC Pant Review: What are lululemon ABC Pants?
It turns out there isn’t just 1 “lululemon ABC Pant.” It’s actually the name given to a technology used by many Lululemon ABC Pants. There are over 5 different styles of Lululemon ABC Pants (1 even being the ABC Jogger).
ABC Stands for “Anti-Ball Crushing.” This is really just a marketing technique. To us, it simply means two things: They are really comfortable and they look good.
ABC Pant Review: How are EXACTLY are ABC Pants Anti-Ball crushing?
This is something that we were curious about, too. It turns out that ABC Pants have a “gusset.” It’s the triangle piece of fabric in the animated GIF below:
That area is called a “guesset.” What’s a gusset?
a piece of material sewn into a garment to strengthen or enlarge a part of it, such as the collar of a shirt or the crotch of an undergarment.
In short – it’s what makes the ABC Pants Anti-Ball Ball Crushing.
ABC Pant Review: What is the difference between different ABC Pant Styles?
As of the publication of this, there are over 60, yes 60, ABC Styles listed on the lululemon website! As part of our ABC Pant Review to help you decide what style is right for you.
Here’s a quick guide to the difference in ABC Pants Styles:
ABC Pant Classic
This is the easiest to define – these are jean-like in almost every sense of the word. They have jean-like pockets in the front and back.
The ABC Pant Slim
Almost exactly the same as the ABC Pant Classic, but a slightly slimmer fit overall.
Compare the ABC Pant Classic (left) vs. The ABC Pant Slim (right)
The ABC Pants Jogger
Looks more like a sweatpant than a dress of jean pants. These are still made of the Warpstreme Fabric.
ABC Commission Pants
We love the Commission pants the most. They have a slightly dressier look to them than the ABC Pant Classic or ABC Pant Slim.
Commission just means that they are more “chino” style.
Chino style pockets is the biggest difference between the Commission Pants and the ABC Classic and ABC Slim Pants.
lululemon Tech Canvas
As we mentioned, the only two REAL styles you should consider are the ABC Pant Classic and Commission Pant Slim.
The ABC Pant Classic
Comission Pant Slim
These are our personal favorite Lululemon ABC Pants. They are made of the same material as the ABC Pant Classic, however, they are much slimmer and have Chino style pockets.
ABC Pants Sizing
ABC Pants run true to size, in general. lululemon previously only offered 34 inch long pants, which is really long for a dude like me (I typically wear 32 waist and 30 length). Now, lululemon offers multiple lengths on their sizes.
But here’s something that most people don’t know about lululemon:
FREE Hemming! Not a lot of people know this but Lululemon offers free hemming on their pants. The pants come REALLY long, 34 inches. But Lululemon offers free hemming at any store – as long as they haven’t been hemmed before. You also can’t return the products after they have been hemmed.
What does the number mean in the size on ABC Pants?
You may have seen the numbers in the sizing on the lululemon website:
For example, the ABC Pant Slim 32″ simply refers to the inseam – or the length of the pants.
A quick warning: The sizing for ABC Pants has been REALLY consistent, with the exception of one color, the Light Cast. It’s a newer color, but it was about 1-2 inches smaller than the other Lululemon ABC pants that I’ve tried. Otherwise, they run pretty true to size.
ABC Pants: What else should I know?
A couple of other things you should know about ABC Pants:
- The two we reviewed (ABC Pant Classic and Commission Pant) are made from a fabric called Warpstreme. It’s got four-way stretch and is moisture wicking.
- ABC Pants made with Warpstreme don’t wrinkle like traditional dress pants or Khakis, but they are not 100% wrinkle-proof. If you simply splash a bit of water on them and wear them for a couple of minutes, your body heat is enough to de-wrinkle them. It’s not as good as Mizzen + Main shirts, but it’s a huge improvement over traditional pants.
- Both the ABC Pants Classic and Commission Pant have a zipper pocket on the side, to make sure your items don’t fall out. It’s big enough for your passport.
- The Commission Pants have Hidden Snaps in the back pockets, meaning they won’t gape at all.
- Both pants we tested have a neat reflective strip that shows when you roll up the pant leg – great if you are using your ABC Pants to bike somewhere.
- Jim Harbaugh, head football coach at the University of Michigan was famous for wearing cheap, $10 Khakis from Walmart. He recently tried Lululemon ABC Pants and won’t wear anything else.
ABC Pants: What don’t we love?
- The price. At about $125/pair, they are pretty expensive! We occasionally find ABC Pants on sale in the “We Made Too Much” Section of the Lululemon Website.
- Not water repellent. Some other pants you might place in the same category (like Outlier) have water repellent treatment. Lululemon ABC Pants do not.
- The seam on the inside of the knee. As you can see in our video review of ABC Pants, there is a very slight seam on leg behind where your knee would be. It’s almost impossible to see if you are moving, but it’s the one sure-fire way that you can tell if someone is wearing a pair of ABC pants.
lululemon ABC Pants: How to style
The great thing about the lululemon commission pants, is you can almost style them like dress pants. I typically wear them with Mizzen + Main Dress shirts. I wouldn’t try to make them look like suit pants, but they go well with a Mizzen + Main Shirt or Polo Shirt.
lululemon ABC Pant Review: The final verdict
Mr We Tried It simply loves his Lululemon ABC Pants – excuse us – the Commission Slim Warpstreme 34″. They are his go-to pants, even above jeans (he recently tried Duer Jeans and loves them, while we’re working on the review, get a Duer Promo Code).
See what others are saying about ABC Pants.
Looking for more pant styles?
Looking for something fancier? Check out our Everlane Performance Chinos Review or the Ministry of Supply Suit Review. We also really love the Myles Tour Pants and Myles Tour Chino (read our full Myles Tour Review).
Looking for something more casual? Check out the Lululemon Jeans Review. I’ll also be posting my ABC Short review shortly.